08.30.18 Confidence Con
Localites are joined this week by Hannah Royce, founder and creative director of Confidence Con, coming up Sept. 21 & 22 at 21c Museum Hotel. Learn more about Con Con, plus get 35% off your tickets with code LOCALITESOKC by visiting ConfidenceCon.com.
Ludivine is moving! Their restaurant concept is heading down the street to join sister concept R&J's Lounge on 10th St. They will occupy the space right in front of R&J's. The bar will be staying in it's current place, but rebranding under a new name, Saradina, and will serve tapas! We're still waiting to hear official news on what's happening to the former restaurant space, but will keep you posted as soon as we hear!
Changing the Course of OKC: The Oklahoma Memorial Marathon is getting an update to the courses! The finish line is moving to just outside the Myriad Gardens for 2019 and it will be at Scissortail Park in 2020, plus they are adding an outdoor concert at the finish line! Read all about the specifics on their website.
Finally, new business alert! Lakeside Seafood opened earlier this month on NW Expressway between Meridian and MacArthur. Check them out!
WEEKLY EVENTS RUNDOWN
- Choctaw Oktoberfest through Sunday
- German car show Saturday 12 - 5 p.m.
- 90s Movie Trivia at COOP 6 - 8 p.m.
- Oh My Gogi food truck on site
- Young Professionals CO-OP Event at DC on Film Row 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Hosted by Oklahoma Women’s Coalition
- Young Pros Co-Op will bring together existing young professional organizations and networks to join in an empowering session highlighting timely issues impacting women in Oklahoma
- Beer from COOP, food from Coolgreens, Insomnia Cookies and Brown’s Bakery
- 8 raffle prizes including yoga packages, tickets to Riversport OKC and more!
- Men are welcome, too!
- 39th St District Community Mixer at Diversity Center 5:30 - 8 p.m.
- Co-hosted by Freedom Oklahoma
- Wine, snacks, ideas
- Connect to Community: Brewers Union 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Hosted by Sunbeam Beacons
- Quarterly event at different locations
- Networking, hors d'oeuvres and one complimentary beer
- Wine Dinner at Pepperoni Grill Penn Square 6 p.m.
- 4 course dinner with wine pairings
- Tickets are $50 and reservations can be made by calling 405-848-4660
- PsychRev Weekend Friday - Sunday 12 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Happening at 504 NW 31st St.
- Music, vendors, artists, drum circle, comedy, drag show and more!
- Tickets are $5-50, some tickets include food and beer. You can see all of the ticket options on Eventbrite
- Tailgate at 405 Brewing 4 - 9 p.m.
- Oktoberfest release, new merch and free hot dogs
- Summer of Love Concert with Kyle Dillingham & Horseshoe Road at CHK Central Boathouse 7 - 9:30 p.m.
- Food trucks available for dinner starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at horseshoeroad.brownpapertickets.com/
- Oklahoma City Drag Queen Story Hour for Adults! at The Boom 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Drag queens performing and reading progressive literature
- Tickets are $25 GA, $50 VIP
- An Evening of David Bowie feat. Kali Ra at Belle Isle Brewery 9:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Tickets are $7-15
- You and I Apparel and Gifts Grand Opening 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Located at NW 39th in between MacArthur and Rockwell in Bethany
- What’s Growing On? at Science Museum Oklahoma 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- SMO’s newest program showcasing a hidden gem of the museum, the Gardens
- Gardens staff will be available to answer questions, give tours and demonstrate gardening techniques. This month attendees will follow along as the gardens team plants their fall vegetable garden
- Program is included with general admission to museum, which is $12.95 for children and seniors and $15.95 for adults.
- This program is recurring on select Saturdays with different topics, learn more at sciencemuseumok.org/gardens
- Labor Day Weekend at Riversport OKC through Monday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Labor Day Festival at Cabela’s through Sunday
- Saturday 12 - 5 p.m. and Sunday 12 - 4 p.m.
- Photo booth, face painting, archery challenge, pick a duck pond, bait toss challenge and more!
- Cocktails 101 w/ Micah from Ponyboy at Barkeep 4 & 6 p.m.
- Focus on long drinks
- Tickets are $30 on Eventbrite
- Red Brick Nights in Downtown Guthrie 5 p.m.
- Music by Jason Scott, Travis Linville and Kinsey Charles starts at 7 p.m.
- More info at redbricknights.com
- Labor Day Gospel Brunch at The Jones Assembly 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Assembly line brunch and show, along with special performance by The West Village Shakers
- Tickets are $45 for adults, $16 for kids 12 and under, reserve your spot online at thejonesassembly.com or on Resy
- Pay What You Wish Day at Kaiser’s Grateful Bean Cafe 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- First Mondays of the month through December
- WAFTI Show Live Studio Talk Show Premiere 8 p.m.
- Returning after a year hiatus
- On Facebook Live and mostlyharmless.media
- Ridge Vineyards Wine Dinner at Vast 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- Organic California vineyard
- 5 course gourmet meal
- Tickets are $98.50 on Eventbrite
- First Wednesday Open Mic Night at The Paramount Room 7 - 9:30 p.m.