08.09.18 Anatomy Wine Club
Localites OKC is back to our regularly scheduled programing this week and we're kicking our new year off with an interview and live wine tasting with Hunter Wheat, owner of the latest business to join the Plaza District, Anatomy Wine Club! Check them out for affordable wine flights, beer and cocktails! Plus light bites from Pitchfork Food Truck and Browns Bakery. We can't wait to see them continue to grow this space over the next few months!
Out on a Limb has moved across 16th Street in the Plaza District to the space formerly occupied by Graphite Gallery. Meanwhile, in Film Row Okay Yeah Co. announced it's official closing of the concept this Saturday and we're on the look out for opening news their two new spaces, West Village in Film Row and The Bridge at Bricktown. The Plant Shoppe will remain open in the space through the end of the month, they are hosting a garage sale the first two weeks of September with inventory markdowns and then will close their doors in the old space. They hope to have their spot in West Village in Film Row open by early October!
Weekly Events Rundown
- Sense & Sensibility 8/9-25 at Oklahoma Shakespeare in the Park Paseo Theatre
- Adapted from the Jane Austen novel by Kate Hamill this play follows the fortunes (and misfortunes) of the Dashwood sisters—sensible Elinor and hypersensitive Marianne—after their father’s sudden death leaves them financially destitute and socially vulnerable.
- Tickets start at $20 and can be purchased at oklahomashakespeare.com
- Cookies and Cocktails at OKC Zoo Sanctuary Asia 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. (Check out our episode on the event)
- Luke’s Birthday at Brewers Union 6 - 9 p.m.
- 20% of proceeds going to OK Contemporary’s youth camp scholarship fund
- Firelake Fireflight Balloon Fest in Shawnee through Saturday
- Balloon launches, rides, vendors, art show, carnival, kite performances
- LIVE! On the Plaza: Back to School 6 - 10 p.m.
- Fowler Test Drive Game
- Grand (re) Opening & 4 Year Celebration at Out on a Limb Boutique
- New location 1751 NW 16th St
- Fanny Pack Fashion Show at Dig It 7 p.m.
- Spelling Bee at Saints 9 p.m.
- End of Summer Bash at Yoga Theorem 6:15 - 8:30 p.m.
- Yoga, music, grilling, prizes, beer and wine for only $5
- POP! Champagne and Spirit Tasting at St Anthony’s 6:30 - 9 p.m. (Check out our episode on the event)
- Bricktown Rotary’s Boots & Bourbon: Wild Wild West at Oklahoma History Center 6:30 - 10 p.m.
- Bourbon tasting, wine tasting, beer tasting, hors d'oeuvres from OKC's best restaurants, Live entertainment, bull riding and auctions
- Tickets are $75, purchase yours here: www.kindtevents.com/tickets/
- Oklahoma Craft Beer Summit 2018 at Tower Theatre 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Hosted by Craft Brewers Association of Oklahoma
- Join hundreds of other beer lovers and industry professionals at the third annual summit
- Panel discussions & presentations by industry leaders, beer tastings from 22 local and regional breweries, lunch, swag bags
- Pre-party at Prairie Friday 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., after party Saturday and recovery brunch Sunday at Oak & Ore
- Tickets are $75, get yours at www.oklahomacraftbeersummit.org
- Oklahoma City Women’s Living Expo & Craft Bazaar at State Fair Park Pavilion through Sunday
- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Saturday
- 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday
- $7 admission, children 8 and under free, learn more at Womenslivingexpo.com
- Beginner Yoga Series at Soul Yoga Saturdays through August 2 - 3:30 p.m.
- A great introduction to vinyasa yoga for those new to the practice, and a nice refresher for more seasoned yogis
- Tickets are $20 per session or $50 for all three, sign up at Soulyogaokc.com
- Scottie’s Deli First Birthday Bash 8 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Our friends at A Clockwork Pour will be slinging tasty drinks, there will be a Prairie Wolf pop-up patio bar, some sneak peeks at our soon to be released dinner menu and music from Born in November!
- The Girl Crush Show at Partners 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- A special preview performance from the cast of Bad In Bed Live! premiering at Tower Theater Aug 16-19
- Brunch at the Barre at Balance Yoga Barre Edmond 10 a.m.
- Barre class with brunch after including vegan donuts, mimosas and more
- The cost is $25 for members or $35 for nonmembers
- Yoga + Brunch at lululemon and Green Goodies 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Includes yoga, private shopping at lululemon and brunch workshop
- Tickets are $65 and can be purchased at Emma-ryan.com
- Ladies Night Out Cocktail Class at The Greens 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Learn how to make tiki cocktail classics with Julia from Barkeep (Listen back to our episode with her here!)
- Includes cocktail samples, light apps and cocktail recipe to take home
- The class is only $25 and you can reserve your spot by calling 405-751-6266
- Thirst for a Cause at Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame 6:30 - 9 p.m. (Listen in to last year's episode on this event here)
- 40 wineries with 200 wines, 10 restaurants, silent auction
- Tickets are $75 in advance and $89 at the door, purchase yours at thirstforacause.com/tickets