08.23.18 YogaFest OKC
Happy Thursday y'all! This week we're talking YogaFest OKC with directors Shannon Stephens and Alexis Persico. Mark your calendars for this two day festival coming up Sept. 15 & 16 at Bicentennial Park & The Civic Center. Visit yogafestokc.com to learn more and purchase your pass!
Pollo Campero is now open in Uptown 23rd St. Check out this Guatemalan chicken restaurant that started back in 1971. They have finally opened their first location in Oklahoma and we cannot wait to check it out!
Weekly Events Rundown
- The Foreigner at Jewel Box Theatre 8/23 - 9/16
- Poor Charlie! He’s so afraid to talk to people that his friend tells everyone at the lodge the poor man can’t speak English, which end up being a big hysterical mistake!
- Tickets are $25 cash or check only, call 405-521-1786 for more information
- An Act of God at Pollard Theatre 8/24 - 9/8
- The One with the first and last word on everything has finally arrived to set the record straight. After many millennia, and in just 90 minutes, God (assisted by His devoted angels) answers some of the deepest questions that have plagued mankind since Creation
- Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at thepollard.org
- Annual Summer Sidewalk Sale in Casady Square through Saturday
- Kona Ice will be out on Saturday 11 - 3 p.m.
- A Conversation with Author of Boom Town, Sam Anderson at Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Moderated by Mayor Holt
- Drinks and light bites provided
- To register email email@example.com
- Artist Forum: Writing About Yourself at Artspace at Untitled 6 - 8 p.m.
- Hosted by OVAC
- Tracey Zeeck of Bumbershoot PR will share how to craft your bio through a series of writing exercises
- Will also feature a panel discussion with Tracey, Marissa Raglin and Nathan Gunter
- Women Empowered 2018 at Plenty Mercantile 6 - 9 p.m.
- Fundraiser and silent art auction benefiting the work of Women Lead Oklahoma from 20+ female artists
- Tickets are $80 at the door
- Stained Glass Date Night at Prairie Arts Collective 6 - 9 p.m.
- You’ll each create a stained glass keepsake
- Drinks and snacks provided
- Happening again in September and October
- Tickets are $75/couple, call (405) 436-5439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- Mixology Class at Tin Lizzie’s 6:30 - 8 p.m.
- Second of a six part series featuring different infusion blends
- This month features Rossa blend
- Hibiscus/citrus blend that compliments a wide range of spirits
- Tickets are $60 at the door and include infusion kit, cocktail & liquor samples, food samples, and cocktail recipes to take home
- Schoolhouse Rock: GOP Debate for State Superintendent at City Pres 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- Hosted by NonDoc, Let’s Fix This and Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy
- Candidates: Joy Hofmeister and Linda Murphy
- "What Legacy Had Wrought" an exhibit by Summer Zah and “Must Be Nice" an exhibit by Kayla Seedig Opening Reception at IAO Gallery 6 - 9 p.m.
- Summer Zah’s art is the culmination of Native Americans overcoming misconceptions about family, the past, and identity to disclose a fearless factuality
- Texas-based artist Kayla Seedig works on paper and installations included in the exhibition were made throughout Seedig’s process of coming out as genderqueer
- Both exhibits on display through 9/14
- Grey Goose Dinner at Mickey Mantle’s 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
- 5 course dinner
- Tickets are $80 on Eventbrite
- Randy Cassimus at Anthem 7 - 9 p.m.
- Wheeler Summer Music Series at Wheeler Ferris Wheel 7 - 11 p.m.
- Prince & George Michael Tribute at Speakeasy 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.
- Cookie Tour 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Hosted by Bailey Gordon with Cookie Tour and Ride OKC
- The tour will go through downtown, midtown, Plaza District, Auto Alley and Heritage Hills with cookie stops along the way
- Tickets are $60 and can be purchased at Cookie-tour.com
- Norman Pride Festival 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Pre-party Friday night at Toly Park 4 - 9 p.m.
- Parade Sunday 7 - 8:30 p.m.
- Beginner's Bootcamp: Level 1 Power Flow at 405 Yoga 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Fundamentals workshop
- Tickets are $20, sign up through Mindbody or 405yogaokc.com/workshops
- AMP Fest on Film Row 12 - 8 p.m. (Check out our episode on this event from last year!)
- All female Art, Music, Power festival
- 14 live performances, 70+ artists/artisans
- COOP Beer Garden
- After party at The Paramount Room with DJ Afistaface
- Norman Porch Fest in Norman’s Miller District 6 - 9 p.m.
- 3rd annual event
- Happening in conjunction with International Play Music on the Porch Day
- 14th Annual Trivia Event at Bricktown Events Center 6 - 10 p.m.
- Hosted by Teen emPower!
- Their mission is to prevent adolescents from engaging in high risk behaviors through youth development strategies that promote a healthy and successful transition into adulthood
- Teams of 8 - 10 people
- Pizza and snacks provided, cash bar
- Tickets are $35 per person and available at teenempower.com/trivia-event
- Local Art Live! at The Douglass at Page Woodson 6 - 10 p.m.
- Enjoy local art gallery, full bar, food trucks and talented performances
- Tickets are $10 on Eventbrite
- Deep Deuce Sessions 7 - 10 p.m.
- Party Through the Decades at Sheraton Hotel 8 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Grand opening of Block 23 & Patio
- Dress in your favorite 70s, 80s or 90s attire
- Tickets are $10 on Eventbrite and include a drink from each decade, small bites, giveaways, music and a grand prize
- The Price is Right Casting Call at Mathis Brothers 1 - 5 p.m.
- You could be one of two winners from the contestant search to go to LA and have a 50% chance to be on the show
- Fill out application on News 9’s website linked above
- Beginners Abstract Dirty Pour Technique Class at The Flea 5 - 7 p.m.
- Dirty pour is mixing more than one paint color in same container with a magic cell creating ingredient before adding or pouring it onto the canvas
- Tickets are just $33 and available at wineandpalette.com
- Midtown Block Party 6 - 9 p.m.
- Dinner with Girouard Vines Wines at Ludivine 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- These hybrid wines are commercially grown and harvested in California and returned to the Girouard winery in Tulsa for their final aging, blending, and bottling
- Enjoy this 4 course dinner for $110, purchase your tickets at ludivineokc.com.
- Cheese 101 6 - 8 p.m.
- Hosted by The Cheese Wench
- Sample through several varieties of cheese, learn how to pair them with wine and beer and how to make a cheese plate
- Tickets are $45, contact Amanda at 918-408-9626 or send a direct message on Facebook to sign up
- Folktale Wine Pairing Dinner at Whiskey Cake 7 - 10 p.m.
- This wine is organically farmed California winery
- Enjoy the 5 course dinner for $100, call 405-582-2253 to reserve your spot